Slate, Manganese & Sulphur Merchant
|1881||Slate quarry agent, Glan Dwr House, Llanberis|
|1888–1901||Castle View, Segontium Road South, Carnarfon [Carnarvon Traders]|
|1893||Manganese merchant, Tanybwlch|
|1896||Moelwyn House, Portmadoc|
Major shareholder of Welsh Manganese Co. Ltd.
|1888||owner Harlech (recorded as Llechwedd Ddu) with D Richards & Co.|
|1889||leasor Llyn Eiddew Mawr (with George Grove Blackwell)|
|1890||agent Cwm yr Afon and Harlech (recorded as Llechwedd Goleu)|
|1890–1891||agent Llyn Eiddaw Mawr for Welsh Manganese Co. Ltd|
|1890–1898||agent Llyn Du Bach|
|1892–1893||owner Moelwyn (with Alexander Barratt and Samuel Sutcliffe)|
|1892–1898||owner Llyn Dywarchen (1892 with Welsh Manganese Co. Ltd)|
|1894–1898||owner Llyn Du Bach|
|1896–1905||operator and agent Ffridd Tyddyn Du|
|1897–1903?||agent at Conglog slate quarry, Ffestiniog for (1897–1900) Lochart Ross (trading as Glyn Festiniog Quarry), (1900–1903?) Glyn Ffestiniog Slate Co.|
|1900–1903||owner or operator Benallt lead mine, Llandwrog, Caernarvonshire|
|1901–1907||owner or operator and agent Aberdunant slate mine, Dolbenmaen, Caernarvonshire|
|1904–1914||owner or operator and/or agent West Snowdon slate quarry, Betws Garmon, Caernarvonshire|
|?||owner Gwaith Ellis Pritchard|
Holder, variously with George Grove Blackwell, Thomas Evans, David Richards and Samuel Sutcliffe of Crown Grants of lease and memorandum of renewal for minerals, gold and foreshore rights in the Merioneth parishes of Ffestiniog, Llanbedr, Llandanwg, Llandecwyn, Llanenddwyn, Llanfair, Maentwrog and Trawsfynydd and the Caernarfonshire parishes of Llanaelhaearn and Llanllyfni [PRO LRRO 16/85, 86, 88, 90, 93, 94, 96, 97, 99–102].
In 1893, in a letter to a Mr. Scott Bankes, Pritchard expressed an interest in working Moelwyn Mineral and rights over the property of Bankes [Layzell Ward 2002]. (Bankes was possibly a son or other relation of the Rev Bankes [Boyd 1975: 49, 276] who in 1857 owned the estate that included Dduallt and Moelwyn mine.)
In the account book of Griffith Roberts, blacksmith of Talsarnau who had a smithy near the bottom of Eisingrug valley [Adnabod Ardudwy 2009 10] there is an account to “Ellis Pritchard, Mango”. The account book covers the period between 1894 and 1904 and the first entry for Pitchard’s account is 31 October 1894 with the last on 31 May 1897. In total the amount comes to approximately £21 with £5 for the first year. Items include repairs to wagon parts, brakes, cylchio olwyn waggen (iron tyre for wagon wheel), iron shaft of wagon, sharpening hammers and ebill (auger), trosal (crowbar), a phig ebill (tapered gimlet?). [Parry 2010] These main items are repeated in subsequent years. The work done was presumably for Prichard’s operations at Llyn Dywarchen and Llyn Du Bach.
see also Richards & Pritchard