Llanbedr Mining Co. Ltd

Incorporated5 April 1890
ObjectsTo acquire the mining businesses in the County of Merioneth and Abersoch Caernarvonshire from Hugh John Jones and Alfred Evans, both of LLanbedr
Registered OfficeGlan Artro, Llanbedr, Merioneth
28 Queen Street, Huddersfield, West Riding of Yorkshire
Original Capital£5,000 as 2,000 Preference shares and 3,000 Ordinary shares of £1 each
1890  E A Beaumont (Chairman)
Hugh John Jones (Manager)
1891E A Beaumont
Edric Herbert Bailey
Hugh John Jones
Ronald Roberts Hamilton Lockhart Ross
Major Shareholders
1890  6 Preference shares and 925 Ordinary shares held by 9 members
W H Saville and J C Platt of Leeds (500 Ord)
E A Beaumont of Huddersfield (50 Ord)
Hugh John Jones (375 Ord)
189356 Preference shares and 2175 Ordinary shares held by 11 members
Alfred Evans (51 Pref)
E A Beaumont (50 Ord)
W H Saville and J C Platt (500 Ord)
Edric Herbert Bailey (400 Ord)
Arthur Doncaster Thursby (350 Ord)
Ronald Roberts Hamilton Lockhart Ross (500 Ord)
Operations 1880–1894  Coed and Lletty Walter
Disolved5 May 1896
[PRO BT31/4728/31207]

Agreement 5 April 1890 between Alfred Evans and Hugh John Jones (1) the Company (2) and E A Beaumont (3). Recites that A Evans and H J Jones have “negotiated with Mr Kirby for a lease of Coed Mines”. Lease sold to Company for £512 in cash to A Evans and 375 shares to H J Jones.

In 1894 it was stated “The Company has done no business for the last three or four years. It has no assets and E A Beaumont has lost several hundred pounds.”