Photograph © British Geological Survey
(BGS catalogue reference P248126, photographer C.J. Watson)
Entrance to workings (1894)
The entrance seen in the previous photo as it was in 1894. (The location has been verified by on-site examination of the distinctive strata above the entrance.)
It is not known whether the door was used to secure the workings or if it was a later construction to convert the workings into a store.
|Front page||Barmouth main page|
Index of mines
|Area maps: Arenig, Harlech|